And the balancing begins...

And the balancing begins...

Saturday, October 22, 2011

One Year....

One year ago, I made a choice....I was going to quit drinking soda. I was only really drinking one can of soda a day, but I thought one simple choice was easy. I can control myself to not drink soda.

The next step in my journey was to get  in the gym. I knew I needed to create movement in my day. There were so many nights where I would come home from work, and literally lay on the couch. Too tired to do much of anything, so I didn't. A friend at work asked if I would do a triathlon with her. I thought she was joking...are you kidding me. I was thinking that I am 238 lbs...and you want me to do a triathlon with you. My first thought was that I would have to get into a swimming suit...and I shuttered at the idea. My first week of training was horrible. I felt like crap! I can't believe how out of shape I was. I vowed that I will never be at this place again in my life!

So here I am...one sprint triathlon down (1/2 mile swim, 15 mile bike, and 3.2 mile run), one 5k run down, and completing a fitness challenge (1 minute of military push ups, 1 minute of sit ups, sit &reach and 12 minutes run) where I improved all of my scores into the "good range" from "poor range" down! One year later I am over 40 lbs down from my original weight. Size 18/20 to a 14. I will never go there again! I still have a lot of work to do. But I know that I have created a life change!


No comments:

Post a Comment